Monday, January 20, 2014

Knitting and Simplicity 2285

 A basket weave scarf was finished a couple of weeks ago.  I knitted it out of some unmarked wool that was in my stash.  It was intended to be a gift, but didn't get finished in time.  It will eventually be a gift for someone now LOL

 I have also started a pair of simple stockinette stitch socks.  My goal this year is to knit three pairs of sock, each increasing in difficulty.  Sock knitting has never been my favorite, but I want to keep the skills I do possess.  I am knitting these with unmarked ball of Superwash Wool on size 2 needles using the Magic Loop method.  To me, Magic Loop is the way to go for socks.   Double-pointed needles are a pain to maneuver.
Above is my February MAGAM project.  I will make View C.  It is fairly simple, and I have wanted to make it for quite some time out of the animal print fabric I have had in my stash.  My quandary is the tie belt.  I have black fabric that will work for the tie belt, but I really would like to have a genuine leather tie belt.  Will the skin flint in me win out?  We must wait and see!

In other news, I bought myself a Kindle Fire HD, and love it.  I use it mainly to read, but do piddle around on the web with it as well.

Take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!